November 26, 2008

Twilight

Uh, so . . . I have a confession.

I have now seen the new movie 'Twilight' no less than THREE times. And know I'm going to see it at least once more.

I KNOW. I'm pathetic. I know I KNOW.

And it's not like the movie was so amazing. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

Now, to be fair, the movie people had to base their film off of the BOOK, which was not what I would call 'a work of art', or 'great literature' or 'readable.' Actually, I have come up with several new, more suitable uses, including, but not limited to:
-anesthetic
-toilet paper
-recycled paper
-birdcage floor covering
-fodder for parodies

But I digress. Right now, I'm considering writing one of said parodies about the movie, but for now, you'll just have to make do with this little gems from the movie:

Edward: *sparkles*
Bella: Omg you're beautiful
Edward: *sparkles* Beauti- *chuckles darkly* This is the skin of a KILLER, Bella.

Edward: You'd better hang on tight, Spidermonkey
Audience: Wtf Edward spidermonkey is not a cute nickname it is actually kind of sick and freaking us out

Edward: Do you trust me?
Aladdin: omg Edward that was totally my line GIVE IT BACK

Bella: You've gotta give me some answers.
Edward: Yes, No, To get to the other side, 1.7724
Bella: I don't want to know the square root of pi.
Audience: FAIL Edward. Just . . . just . . . fail. And we don't want to know the square root of pi either.

And that's all I can remember. More blog posts will ensue as I rack my brains for the most painful parts of the movie. There were several.

5 comments:

rachel b. said...

Marissa, a little piece of me died inside when I saw the title of this post, because I thought you had succumbed to total idiocy and were now a Twilight Twit. Thank goodness you're not! When I saw the title, I was like, "Were we not in the same creative writing class?! HOW DARE SHE!!!" But all is well. I enjoyed your parodies. I want more.

brie said...

my FAVORITE part was every time they showed jasper. i mean, who wouldn't love watching a guy who looked like he needed to crap and looked like he was prairie doggin it the ENTIRE MOVIE?

I mean, i love it!

Krilafis said...

I think you should have kept going. I want more.

rachel b. said...

Marissa, I miss you. Please make new posts.

Mama Ber said...

Marissa. There you go, making me all excited about a new post that just HAS to go along with a new, sunnier format. But nope. No cigar.

Me want cigarrrr.