I've been weird. I've been falling asleep all over the place, and while I've been generally happy, if you were to catch me a bit after 8 p.m., forget about it. I've been sort of a wreck, possibly because the overhead light in my bedroom has burned out.
Me, R, and C (roommates) were all trying to change the light bulb, but first we had to unscrew the light fixture. And me and C had been working for awhile, but it was screwed on too tight, and we had no pliers, so finally R gets up and goes, "Well, I'll give it a try."
I was all upset, and C was laughing because it was late and I was tired and it just SUCKED, and I was saying things like, "I hate this! Stop it, fix it! I don't like it." and "The light's been burned out for like three days and I'm just sort of dying inside and I kind of want to go drown myself in the shower."
So then, just as R had clambered up on the chair to try to unscrew the light fixture, I couldn't even help myself and I go, "Hey, doesn't the light look like a giant boob?"
And so R looks up and her hand is touching it, and she screams and jumps down and won't touch it, and C gets all hysterical.
But, guys.
Seriously.

That's what I light looks like.
If that's not a boob, I don't know what is.
Can I help it if I'm more observant than anyone else in my apartment?
The other awesome thing that's been happening in my apartment is that, apparently, I talk in my sleep.
And it's HILARIOUS.
This morning, R says to me that I was talking to her last night, but I crashed around 10:30, so I had no idea what she was talking about.
Apparently, I rolled over when she came in and I go,
"We are NOT having this conversation."
And so R is like WTF, and then I actually woke up and mumbled some excuse about how I was talking to her in my sleep, when really I think that I was having a conversation with MYSELF in my dream. Yeah. Trippy.
And then like five seconds later I fall back asleep and go, "But really, we aren't having this conversation!"
About an hour later, I wake up again a bit and R knows that I haven't taken out my contacts, so she goes, "Do you want me to leave the light on or turn it off?" (This is her lamp, of course. We don't have a real light on account of it being burned out and also it being a boob.)
And I go: "On!" And then I rolled over and refused to talk to her.
I remember none of this, but poor, confused R just left her lamp on all night, and now I feel all bad.
Moral of the past couple of days: Keep your anatomy-related insights to yourself.
4 comments:
hahahhahahahahahah this and your aunts blog made me crack up. what is with the mammary related funnies today?
also my sister talks in her sleep all the time and its the funniest thing because i try to continue a conversation with her while she's doozin' and none of it makes sense. fantastic.
lilia
bahahahahahaaaaa... wow. thank you for this post.
ooh! ooh! boobs! i love 'em!!!
also: the "stop it, i don't like it, fix it" -- did you not get that from my son? helll--ooooo?? that's all he says!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
hilarious. i was reading your comments about the light, and then i scrolled down and---
OH MY GOSH.
HUGE BOOB. ON YOUR CEILING.
it totally and absolutely looks like a giant breast! why would they do that?!?!?!
Post a Comment