June 08, 2009

Sup. Well, I have a new format, which I originally meant to pair with a new blog post, but generally, this blog has sat more or less idle since NOVEMBER.

Hopefully, that will change with the unique and crushing boredom that comes from summertime.

A lot has changed since I wrote last, or at least . . . it feels like a lot has changed.

I've changed, anyways, and definitely for the better. Here's a small taste of what I've been up to:

I've gotten through my second year at ye olde BYU, and it was actually . . . fun. I went to some dances, I had a couple of dates, some of my friends got married, I aced all my classes (except math, which I got a C in, but that's the same thing as 'aced' because it's MATH).

I decided to take Japanese next semester. Two months later, I decided to replace Japanese with Human Anatomy, just because. I moved home for the summer, I'm living in the Pit of Everlasting Darkness, aka the coldest, darkest, most saddest place in the whole house. But! It's my own room, so there.

I reread a book called "Rebecca," which you should all sink your teeth into. I argued a lot. I apologized a lot. I watched "Twilight" a bunch more times, once with coworkers where we all repeated the lines with Southern accents. I discovered a new favorite movie with roommate R, called "Get Smart." Look into it, if you have somehow managed to not see it.

I wrote over 300,000 words since last summer, all of them . . . how shall I put this nicely . . . pretty much crap. I discovered that I'm human in a lot of ways that I hadn't thought of, but I'm also stronger in more ways that I didn't even know existed.

Lost weight. Gained weight. Didn't care either way, but noticed because of how pants fit. Tried to get sister M to stop calling me "Mareep," because I'm pretty sure it's the name of a Pokemon. Hang on, looking it up . . .

Yes. Yes it is. Feast your eyes on this!

File:179Mareep.pnghttp://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mareep_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

It's an electric type. Yeppers.

Anywho. Imma head to bed now since Maddie is laying next to me singing "Toxic" at the top of her lungs and I think that if I turn out the light she'll behave as a bird and just shut down when it gets dark. Good night, and I believe that I'll be writing again soon!

5 comments:

brie said...

you posted you posted!! oh i am eva so happy!

you know what's more sad than having maddie call you mareep?

you KNOWING there is a pokemon named mareep!

haha see you on vacay this weekend, love you marbles!

Erin M. said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Maree...er...Marissa. I miss our banter at work, so this will have to do.

[Contemplative?] Angela said...

hahahaaaaa
Mareep!!!!
yaaaaay!!!!

PS. iwantraspberrysoup.

heather said...

FINALLY!

i mean, come on. :) (says the hypocrite who has started a dozen blog posts in her head but hasn't gotten around to making an actual blog yet.)

i love you. just thought i'd put that out there.

and embrace the anti-depressants. my OB just put me on Zoloft. if it works i'm going to kick myself for not trying something FIVE YEARS AGO.

anyways. i just announced to the world that i'm on medication via your blog. i should stop now.

---heather

(silas and Tiny Baby say hi too)

Jan said...

I thought Mareep came from "Mari Povich" -shortened down to Mari-P, then Mareep- the talk show host who never knew when to quit talking. That is a better description of you than a strange, pathetic, little animal with superpowers. Because, really, there is not that much about you that is pathetic....
Love you!