March 22, 2010

On posting and bathrooms

Hey, wow. It's been awhile, yes? I keep meaning to blog because funny crap keeps happening to me over here, but then I get busy and . . . yes . . .

Lame excuses aside, I'm going to try to get back into this. I make no promises, but if people actually want to read it, then I'm going to try to blog. I think that blogging has become less of a priority because, frankly, I don't need it as much. Before, writing was an integral part of my life because it was the only way I felt I could honestly express my emotions. But now that I'm doing better and feeling healthier, I really don't write as much period, let alone on this blog.

But. This is not what you are here for, yes? That is why I give you this piece of advice:

If you are living with someone--be it roommates, family, or "Tim," that scary hobo on West Temple and 4th that leers at you as you walk by--always (that means every single time) lock the bathroom door when you are taking a dump.

Because I will walk in on you.

I'm sorry if I should be knocking; but as far as I'm concerned, the bathroom is publicly owned by all the residents of the house/apartment. I will knock on your bedroom door, but knocking on the bathroom door is akin to knocking on the front door when I walk in. I will not do that.

I will, however, open the door and take two strides into the room, then freeze in abject horror as irreversible harm is done to my poor, unsuspecting corneas.

And then tomorrow, I will do it again, because apparently neither you nor I have learned our lesson.

Take it from me, you guys. You don't want to have to learn this the hard way. Take my experience and make it your own.

Lock the door. Because if you don't, I will find you. And I will walk in on you while you crap. And then we will spend the next week meticulously avoiding one another's eyes.

Or, y'know. Just knock.

3 comments:

Mama Ber said...

bahahahaaaa

yay!

Kayti said...

First, I have to tell you that my heart was overjoyed when I saw that you had posted a blog. I totally forgot that I had made a blogger account a long long time ago, because your blog was private and I wanted to read it. And I recently rediscovered my account, but was disappointed to see that you had not been blogging--because I miss you and I miss your life. Annnyyyyhow, I smiled a lot when I saw that you had updated your blog. And I smiled again when I saw that you were going to try to keep updating [I think I am going to start blogging as well.] Annnnd I smiled a third time when I saw why you haven't written as much, because I love to hear that my Rissalee is happy and doing well.

. . . and then I laughed at your poop story.

Long story short: I love you. I miss you. I look forward to more blogs from you.

<3

Heaths said...

hahahahahaha!!!!!!

i'm glad you're back!!