This is part of the ramparts walk we took around the Old City. You can actually walk around the top of the wall that surrounds the city, and it took us about an hour or so. The building with the gold dome is the Dome of the Rock, a Muslim mosque.
The picture above is the view from my room's balcony. That's part of East Jerusalem, and you're looking at a Palestinian neighborhood. The kids are little punks. They throw rocks at you when you pass them.
This part of the Old City--that's the walled area that was around during Jesus' time. It has a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and Armenian quarter. I really like the Christian quarter (which is what you're seeing right here), since it's a lot cleaner than the Muslim quarter and the people are friendlier than in the Jewish or Armenian quarters.
Here's me and some friends--from left to right, it's me, Lauren, Victoria, and Ali. Just behind us on that big hill is the Jerusalem Center! We're headed home right here after a really long, hot day shopping.
Yeah, so I snuck into Hebrew U and totally stole their internet for, like, an hour to give you this. I know it's not much, but if you wanna see more, I'm posting a ginormous photo album on ye olde Facebook, so the rest of my pics are there!
6 comments:
How did you sneak into Hebrew U????? When I was there security was ANAL.
Anxiously awaiting what must be a terrific story of espionage,
Angela
Thanks, THANKS for the pics! Tel Aviv and the beach look fabulous! You look happy (and beautiful)!
You look like you are having so much fun! Live it up girl! These are the good times.....
Well, I'm going to be the token complainer. You have not posted in for, like, ever. And so help me, I WILL STOP CHECKING THIS BLOG, I REALLY WILL.
PS, Jerusalem looks like it was freaking amazing, I'm way jealous :-)
Friend! I've just rediscovered your blog! I love it! I can't believe I hadn't checked here in forever, I should have though, lots of updates :) I miss you friend, I wish I could see you/ Hope everything is going amazingly, talk to you soon :) Ill make sure to email you soon <3
oh its lilia btw
i noticed that you stopped blogging in jerusalem around the time we starting becoming good friends. do i block your creative flow? lol...
Post a Comment