August 11, 2009

Update times!

Okay, first and foremost:

As I'm sure virtually all of you know now, I'm going to Jerusalem this fall! OMG I'm so psyched! I leave September 1st, which is, like, three weeks away. Exactly. It's freaking me out.

I'm going to go to Egypt and Jordan, and I'll go snorkeling in the Red Sea, and I'll hike Sinai and like a million other things.

It will be tres awesome. Look to this blog for picture and activity updates in the fall.

Secondly, and on the sadder end of the scale:

My back is destroyed. At my New Haven NCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) training today, we were learning to put people in holds. And we were using each other as dummies. I was jerked down into a considerably VIOLENT nonviolent hold, and I felt something twinge, and when I straightened, I thought I was going to throw up. I ended up sitting down for the rest of the training because it hurt. So. Bad.

I think I may have ruptured a disc, which could put a serious damper on my Jerusalem fun-times. Blargh. Hopefully I'll recover, but currently I'm laying on my side (the ONLY remotely comfortable position) typing this. Like, I took four Advil, and they did NOTHING. Ugh. No bueno, you guys. Not at all.

What else? Well, I have a kick-A advertising job and I'm trying to make my advertising video but it's giving me trouble. School starts soon, and I have work tonight at 3 a.m.

Hmmm . . .

I meant for this to be a long blogpost, but now I can't remember anything that's happened to me. So it just turned out to be a "I'm awesome, but also feel sorry for me" post.

Oh, well. I'll take what I can get.

Night!

2 comments:

Captain Danger said...

Well, I hope that this problem with your back doesn't make it so I don't get to see you before you leave....

Mama Ber said...

Marissa!!!! I can't wait to read the things you post in ISRAEL. I am so SAD I missed Tucano's! I was in stupid California!! (which isn't stupid in any situation except for one which makes me miss lots of scrumptious grilled meat and Marissa practically boarding a plane to Tel Aviv). DUMBBB. But I can't wait to hear all about it!

PS. You should totally pretend to be Israeli while you are there.