October 24, 2008

Uh . . . Hi?

Hey, all!

So, I'm back and better than ever, with another blog redesign, and a brand spanking new outlook on life.

Are you ready?

Because here it it:

If I stop dwelling on crappy stuff in my life, then eventually, things start to look less crappy.

Innovative, I know.

But I've been trying it for the past two weeks ago, and it's freaking working. It's sort of like, if I just ignore the problems, they'll go away. But in all seriousness guys, this whole "I'm-not-going-to-dwell-on-crap-that-makes-me-want-to-like-gouge-my-eyes-out" attitude really works. And it's not as though I'm trying to pretend that nothing's the matter. Of course bad stuff happens, I get stressed, blah blah blah.

But it really isn't that bad. That's what I keep saying to myself. And yeah.

It works.

I feel better. Not all the time. But a lot of the time now, I'll wake up in the morning, and I won't have to argue about whether or not I should get up. I just do, and I go to school, and it's AWESOME.

This blog is not going the way I had planned. I had wanted a somewhat triumphant return of my blogging self, and all I'm getting right now is . . . bleh.

As many of you might have noticed, my old posts, the boring, domineeringly depressing ones, are gone. I've hidden them away, so they can no longer worry friends and family. And also, some of them were, like, really really bad writing.

I suppose I might as well update everyone as to my goings-on:

Point A: School rocks. My classes rock, with one or two notable exceptions a week. I rock. That last one is 24/7, people. In other words, classes are going great, because I've finally buckled down and just started studying.

Numero dos: Between the end of last June and now, I've written about 130,000 words. In case you were wondering how many pages that equals, think in the 200s. Or 300s. I'm not sure. I'm working on a novel right now, and it only has about three chapters left. Once it's done, I will celebrate and promptly leave it to chill in el computadora. Because, while I had great fun writing it, and while I think the writing is decent, it is not going anywhere NEAR a publishing company. I'll save that for when I write a serious piece of literature.

Part 3: I might start posting chapters from my fics on here, once I've had the chance to edit them so they are fit for human eyes besides my own. It intrigues me, but I don't know if these are ready for the internet quite yet.

And that's about all that's been happening in my life. Writing and school, as per usual. And now, if you'll excuse me, I haven't eaten for like an hour and I'm freaking starving because I'm on MIDOL, which has CAFFEINE, which eats at my stomach lining and plus I just want chocolate.
Probably because it's, like, 12:45 right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

hooray friend! I havent talked to you in a while but it sounds like things are going good! I look forward to all teh snazzy posts and all. :>

love, lilia

[Contemplative?] Angela said...

Marissssssaa!!! Welcome back, you lovely blogger you. PS. Did I ever tell you that the mango salsa I ate on Friday was AMAZING? this is an indirect command to hurt the stupid security guard.

If you know what I mean?

You are the bomb! I am so proud of you and your humongo novel! I don't have that kind of will power. I can't even grade 28 papers. I still have... 16 left. LAME.

Basically, you are a rockstar.

brie said...

wait. you deleted all your posts except this one?! you didn't keep the pirates of the caribbean one with your parents? that was like my fave of all time!

boo you whore!

ps my manuscript is getting turned into an editor today..slim chance but you never know i may just become a rich famous author! whee!